Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hottest Chick in the Nursery!

Check out this hot chick in her hot pants!



The nurses just loved it!  I think the sunglasses really work with this outfit!  LOL!

Updates on Esther - she's doing great without any oxygen, they were able to replace her feeding tube and use it all through the night and today.  She got her first feeding through the tube yesterday with my colostrum - she just relaxed and went soundly to sleep!

Her biliruben counts are about the same, but that means she's good with just one light.

This afternoon I got to do her feeding with my milk in a bottle - she sucked like a champ and downed half the milk in just a few seconds, then went sound asleep!  I got a little more in her, and then we finished the feeding with the feeding tube as she was just too sleepy with that nice milk in her tummy!

Updates on me - still very tired, but my blood tests showed that although I am anemic, it's not a crisis.  The doctor is ordering some iron for me to help get my numbers up.  In the meantime, I'm working hard to drink lots of fluids and rest as much as possible.  My feet are really swollen, and my blood pressure is still on the high side, but above 140/90, so that's good!

Also, my milk is in and each pumping is resulting in more milk!  I'm ahead by 2 feedings already!  Right now she's getting 10 cc's per feeding (that's like 2 tablespoons), but they are going to increase the amounts soon.

My back is better today, but I'm still having what I call muscle spasms - very painful pulsing pains throughout my back when I go from standing to sitting.

Prayer requests -

Esther - biliruben counts go down, that she will be able to stay awake long enough to finish a feeding, and also tolerate larger feedings well as that is key to her going home!

Myself - that my back will heal, and my milk supply will continue to be sufficient for Esther so we don't have to suppliment at all!

God has been so good today - a few friends for support, and some good naps for me - and a sense of love and support like I've never felt before - all the wonderful comments here and email of love and prayers from around the world - being a child of God makes me part of a very large and loving family!

Also, I'm so thankful that things at home are going really well - meals have been arriving (even more than they can eat, so our freezer is getting stuffed for later too!), and today all the boys are playing at a friend's home.  Daryl is enjoying some time with the kids and is really enjoying bonding with Elizabeth.  It is such a blessing to not worry one bit about home - God's taking care of everything so I just concentrate on what I need to do to take care of Esther and myself!

God really set things up for us - over the last few years, I've learned to teach my kids to be helpful, and to share the work so no-one has lots of work to do.  Over the last few weeks of bed rest, I've taken even further steps to keep things running smoothly and all that set things up to continue to run well at home in my absence - I'm not saying perfection, but it's so great to come home to and relatively clean and organized home - usually the kids are asleep and everyone's been fed and well taken care of - this has been one of the best blessings in my day!

4 comments:

  1. Ruth and family: I'm so glad to hear that she is doing better. God is so good! I love this pic of her w/ the glasses and fancy diaper. Joshua's felt glasses weren't that cool when he was in the light bed. We are praying for all of you and especially Esther. Let us know if you need help with anything. A meal, babysitting, whatever. We would love to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth. Esther is so cute!! Just a healthy baby!! I'm so happy for you and your family. Keep up the good work.

    Sincerely,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a chunk! I just want to pinch her little legs and cheeks. Come on Esther, we want to see you in church with in the next two weeks! Ruth, you look so good for just having a difficult birth, could'a fooled me. And I loved the tour of the house Monday without you knowing, hee hee, it was very clean for not having mamma around! Wow. Jessica sent us home with two Amish Friendship bread starts that means each of your girls will take back one of it's offspring, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!! Love the diapers, so cute. My son even got a good chuckle out of them.

    ReplyDelete