Friday, September 18, 2009

This time I had a good excuse!

I know I have been committed to blogging regularly, but it was nigh unto impossible since last weekend...I was in Las Vegas and internet service in the room as "Only $15.99/day" or something stupid like that - I have a blackberry with internet access so I just did that, but I hate doing a lot of typing , so that meant no blogging (that and I really didn't want the whole world to know we weren't at home!  And, by the way, the children did not come with us (I will NEVER take a child to Vegas!!!), and we used the business trip to also celebrate our cominb 25th wedding anniversary (in March, but who can afford to take two vacations in a year - not us that's for sure!).

I'm not the Vegas type, if you know what I mean!  Everytime I told someone I was going to Vegas that knows me even a little, basically reacted with "what?" "Why?", etc.  So at least I have a good reputation!  I went to Vegas for the ABC Expo - "All Baby and Child".  This weas the biggest exposition of baby and children's products in the US every year, and probably the biggest  in the world.  There were 2 stories of exibition booths and each level was so large you couldn't see the end of the ceiling from one end of to the other and it had around a 30 foot ceiling - my guess is that is would be like putting around 8 football fields together side by side - on each level!  I've never been in such a large building!

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="200" caption="ABC Expo ceiling into oblivion"]ABC Expo[/caption]

During the Expo, the RDIA (Real Diaper Industry Association) had it's annual get together and meetings.  I got to meet in person nearly all the people behind the other big names in the cloth diaper industry - as well as many of my own retailers, as well as a few future retailers!

Anyway, I've got so much to do (right now I'm calling the shots on morning chores), and I'm sooooo tired!  I'll post more later about stuff that happened just before I left, as well as a few posts about my trip!

Here's a few hightlights you can look forward to reading about :

We stayed in the New York, New York:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="The New York, New York Hotel"]The New York, New York Hotel[/caption]

The Shelby Musem and manufacturing plant (as in Carroll Shelby...Shelby Mustangs, racing cars etc),

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="Shelby Race Cars"]Shelby Race Cars[/caption]

The Hoover Dam,

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="The grave of the Hoover Dam Mascot"]The grave of the Hoover Dam Mascot[/caption]

I'll also tell you about The Chris Angel "Believe" show, a 20 million dollar, 70 lane bowling alley,  a weird take on shop lifting, The 4 story M & M Store, Ethyl M Chocolate Factory, riding a roller coaster past the age of 40, and why you don't go to Vegas if you are a Christian unless you absolutely have to, and what we'll do different if we ever go again!

I'll leave you with this - the highlight of our vacation - we upgraded our rental car from a compact to a Dodge Challenger -

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="Now That's a Classy Car!"]Now Thats a Classy Car![/caption]

That was my gift to Daryl for our anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment