Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Phew! That was scary!

I thought I had lost my blog!  I don't know if anyone else had even noticed, but my blog was not around for the last day or so!  I was going to blog yesterday, but decided it was finally time to upgrade my version of WordPress.  Only it didn't go so well!  The upload error-ed out halfway through, several times.  At that point some files were missing, others were not update yet, and so forth.

I decided to bag it to create a forum for another purpose and get back to the upgrade later yesterday, or today (I was assuming that the update did not effect the ability to read my blog, of course).  Well, the other application took all day yesterday (HUGE upload) - it just kept my computer busy, not me - so I never got back to the blog update and didn't even think to check to see if it was still available!

This morning I get on, and there is no blog, I can't post or anything! So for the last 6 hours I've been painstakingly going through every file/image that supports my blog (there were so many incomplete and non-updated files it was crazy!), and still errors!  Ack!  So I called the support line, and within minutes they had fixed the problem!  Somehow an access code had been changed that didn't allow me to access my own files!

So, I'm back now, and I'll start a day late on my new resolution to blog nearly every day!

So what's been happening around here lately?  Recovery, mostly.  I was really sick and it took a long time before I felt human again.  I'm doing great now, and am starting fresh this week by getting up with Daryl every morning at 5 am to get a head-start on the day!  I did this for years, but starting a couple of years ago, I just couldn't do it.  Then with my pregnancy, the new house, the move, bed rest, Esther's first wild and wooly months, etc...I just couldn't get to bed earlier enough to get up at 5 am again!

Now that Esther is (still) sleeping through the night, and we are quite settled in our "new" (we've been in the house for 18 months as of next weekend) home, summer/late sunsets is winding down, my health is good etc...it is time to start getting up early again!

The best part of getting up early is getting time to read the Bible and pray with Daryl while he eats his breakfast and puts his lunch together!  and then the quiet house with no interruptions to have my quiet time/make my bed/tidy my bedroom/do some laundry or other household project, and maybe check emails or blog!

I've succeeded 2 days in a row now! Well, at least at the getting up early.  Last night Esther took a late nap and was not interested in sleeping until after 10 pm, so after my time with Daryl, and my quiet time, I slipped back into bed and slept in until 8 am!  That sleep felt ooh soo good!

So, speaking of things happening around here, we got some great bath-time photos of Esther last week:

[caption id="attachment_300" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Esther Loves to Splash"]Esther Loves to Splash[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Esther loved to play with mommy's scrubby"]Esther loved to play with mommys scrubby[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Is that a Happy Girl or what???"]Is that a Happy Girl or what???[/caption]

Esther no longer looks like a little heart baby!  She looks like a sumo wrestler!  I just weighed her, and with her clothes on, she is 1 oz shy of 24 pounds!  That's double her weight since her surgery!

Here's a photo of her a couple of days after her open heart surgery for comparison:

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="She's was wearing 3 - 6 mos outfit and it was a little too big!"]Shes was wearing 3 - 6 mos outfit and it was a little too big![/caption]

And here she is bursting out of a 12 mo size shirt after the a fore mentioned bath:

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Isn't she a happy baby!"]Isnt she a happy baby![/caption]

Oh, and by-the-way,  can you see her scar in this photo - nice and tiny and light! Yeah!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, there is clear proof that she is doing well! What an adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard getting back on track after being sick! I wish I could get enough sleep to get up at 5 am!! The pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had heart surgery also - at 6 months old - and didn't wear 3-6 month clothes until after the surgery :) Esther's scar looks much better than Karina's does. I've ordered Snap-Ez trainers from you before but just today realized that you had a blog. I'll keep checking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cutie! Glad to see I'm not the only one with a sumo wrestler-style baby, our son is growing so fast it's hard to believe. I love seeing pictures of your kids =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a cute little chub! My first was very chubby as a baby too. :)

    ReplyDelete