I've never heard these words before! But that is what Esther has on her face! It has grown a lot since we took her in to see the Dr when it first start bleeding. It now bleeds several times a day, but it stops much faster than that first time.
She needs to have it removed, and soon! I now have an appointment at Children's Hospital with a pediatric dermatoligist there, but the first opening is for October 14. This "thing" has about tripled in size in the last week and a half - and it's really ugly! I really don't want to wait another 2 1/2 weeks, as it will be so much larger! This is smack in the middle of her cheek, and I hate to see her have a large scar there! Also, they can recur if they are not taken care of properly, and I'm sure the larger it gets, the harder it is to get rid of all of it!
Children's said that we could possible get a sooner appointment if my pediatrician will do a Dr to Dr consult as to the urgency of this, so there is hope! There's no pediatric dermatologists up here, and the one in Everett won't take Esther's insurance!
Please pray that we can get a sooner appointment and get proper treatments for it!
Here are pic of the progression of this growth:
[caption id="attachment_359" align="aligncenter" width="397" caption="You can see the tiniest little speck here, back at the first of August - that's when I first noticed it."][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_360" align="aligncenter" width="336" caption="You can see it's a little bigger here - this was Sept 12 - just after the first bleeding incidence."][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_361" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="Here is what it looked like last Wednesday - not too much bigger, but it sticks out away from her face more."][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_362" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="It's not only larger, but if it isn't underneath this waterproof covering, it stands out off her face about 3/8 of an inch!"][/caption]
Yesterday, it broke open and bled about 6 times, one time she had about half of the portion where it is attached to her normal skin broken open and it was bleeding very fast! Her pediatrician tried to cauterize it but it only began to bleed faster. Needless to say, I am anxious to get this removed!