Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thinner Thursday - Weight Loss Wednesday One Day Late!



It's one day late, but I'm still calling it Weight Loss Wednesday because it's my blog and I can if I want to, so there!

Did I overeat this week on any given day?
No.  Actually I struggled on some days with under-eating due to some very crazy/busy days and lots of time away from home.  I came close on Thursday night as I had a big salad and a few too many dark chocolate covered blueberries (I know, some may see this as a cheat, but it did no trigger any cravings and I was watching the SeaHawks and it was the best snack I could find at the grocery store - I did have Daryl hide the bag so I couldn't have anymore until the next SeaHawks game....so you will be hearing more about this "cheat". I only feel a smidgen of guilt on this).


Did I move more and exercise regularly?
I did better than last week, but there is definitely room for improvement.  I had my monthly and so a few days it was just not prudent for me to exercise, and the one day I did was pushing it for me.  But yesterday I finally got the whole Basic Workout done and felt great all the way through - yahoo!

Do I feel lighter than I did at this time last week?
I do, but wasn't sure that the scale would agree with me since last week I was still recovering from that stomach bug and was feeling awfully light!

Did I eat in secret or out of anger/frustration/happiness?
No.  Didn't really have time, but I did experience a lot of frustration this week due to time pressures, trying to get preschool/homeschool set up for the little girls and a crazy and busy week with doctor appointments and therapy and so forth.


Did I feel that, at any time, I ran to food instead of to God?
No.  I am doing better at having my quiet time (still room for improvement) and I think that really helps!


Before I hopped on the scale, did I think I'd had a successful, God pleasing week?
Yes.  The only questionable thing was those dark chocolate blueberries, but since I had a good outcome this week, and it did not trigger any sugar addictions and I did not eat them for the wrong reasons, I'm OK with having them only when I watch the SeaHawks games (but next time I'm only bringing a safe amount in a baggy and leaving the rest at home (we watch the games at our sons' apartments as a cheap date night!)

What were the measurable results?
The scale was friendly to me this week (you know, post-pre-monthly weight ins are always nice) and the scale showed that I lost about weight since last week.  I wasn't writing down the weight each week and I just can't get it right, but overall I have now lost exactly 50 pounds since my first T-Tapp DVD arrived in August of 2012, and since I started my new spiritual journey of eating right to honor God in my life I have lost a total of 9 pounds!  I am less than a pound from my lowest weight that I reached about a year ago.
So about measuring...I have kept very accurate records of measuring almost every time I was doing T-Tapp regularly.  Since I started measuring I have lost a total of over 95 inches now!  When I measure I measure my upper arms, pecs, chest, ribs, waist, abdomen, hips, upper thighs, lower thighs and calves.  I decided early on that the best way to measure was to pull that measuring as tight as I possibly could so that I couldn't cheat the system (by pulling tighter the next week) and then it would be more accurate.  

I measured for the first time (since last spring) just last week, and was so pleased with the progress this week, thanks to Aunti Flow effecting last week's measurements and being absent this week!  This is why I measure!  I "only" lost 2 pounds in the last week, but I lost 8 1/4 inches!!!!!  That was very rewarding, especially since I had gained 4 1/4 inches from my measurements last spring.  So even though I'm still a little over a pound heavier than I was a year ago, I am actually 5 inches smaller then I was then!  That means more muscle/less fat!  The scale is so not a picture of your actual health, but it easier to step on a scale than to take the time to measure yourself, but it's so worth it!!!!

And I do still plan to blog about my menus and meal plans and favorite recipes, but, again, this was just not the week!

Until next week - keep making good choices and turning to God instead of food to meet  your needs and if the scale is not reflecting your hard work, then it's time to start using that tape measure instead!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment