Thursday, September 25, 2014

NG Tube Trial - Admitted to Seattle Children's Hospital

Christy playing, Mommy doing paperwork
at General Surgery Clinic
So, once again, our week is nothing like we planned.  Started out with just two days of appointments, but the trip to Children's Hospital in Seattle yesterday was going to be two appointments, and then they scheduled an Upper GI for this morning in order to move forward towards having a G-Tube Placed.  So we were blessed with friends whom I only knew online (real life friends of my real life friend, Renee of Little Earthling Photography) who were willing to take us in spontaneously (we didn't even know we needed accomodations until after 5 pm!).

Christy hanging out with her/
oldest sister, Jessica!
So after crashing at their place (we had a lot common - Grace is expecting her 9th, and has adopted a little boy from Ukraine a few years back who has Down Syndrome).  We got up super early to try to beat the traffic and headed in.  In my sleep deprived state, I headed to Bellevue Children's (had been there twice within a week's time!).  But we were still early, so going to the Seattle campus still worked out fine.

Catch me if you can!
Her Upper GI series exrays showed that she has no physical anomalies that would prevent having a G-Tube Place, yay!  After consulting with the pumonologist, we were able to get a bed and she has be admitted and received her NG Tube and we will be here 24 - 48 hours until I understand how they want me to feed her and how that works with how I think she should be fed (i.e. negotiations are in progress!).

My silly, goofy, lovable girly!
She LOVES to eat!
She has been a great little traveler and took most every in stride....but getting the NG-Tube placed had her more upset than I have ever seen her, and I was her tormentor.  It's so hard!    She was able to pull it halfway out, so now she has a hand-mitt on so she can't snag the tube with her good hand.
Wow!  Cool Crib!

Finally happy again after NG Tube was put in/'by
 her big bad mama....but she's forgiven me already!
I am hoping that we will be able to be discharged tomorrow since I already have experience with the NG-Tube from Esther's first 4 1/2 months!

How tangled can I get?
Very Tangled!
I'll update if anything changes, but I'm hoping the next blogpost will be next week and from home!  I'm hoping to travel to my mother's house this weekend to introduce Christy to her grandma!

Prayers appreciated for good progress and an early release and that all goes well at home in my absence!

No comments:

Post a Comment