Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksliving day #2 and 3

First of all, I am thankful for found things...I lost both an old coin and the memory card for my camera on Tuesday, and just could not locate them!  In the last few minutes, Jeremy found the coin and I found the memory card!
This is the 1943 dime I found earlier this week - I have had an offer to purchase this from me for $2 already!

The second thing I am thankful for (I missed yesterday) is my wonderful husband.  I am so thankful that God in His sovereignty put a road block in my way, showing me that I needed to break off an engagement.  After some time of bitterness, I once again returned to my Lord, and told Him that I would never look for a husband again...he's have to hit me over the head with one...and he did...2 weeks later!  My friend of over 4 years was God's sovereign choice for me. I am so glad that God loved me enough to not let me go my own way, but chose a much better path for me.  Daryl is the perfect person for me - calms me down when I'm freaking out, encourages me when I'd rather not even try, dislikes shopping when I would break the bank and over spend, and so much more! 
Now on to more mundane things...the last few days have been crazy for me - we were swamped with orders, so I have been working extra hours to help Jessica, sew inserts, cut fabric orders, and getting cuts ready for sewing.  I am sooo looking forward to the day when I no longer have to work, it's so hard on my family when I must work extra hours, especially hard on Esther. 
On top of that, I committed back in September to doing the activity/learning portion of our church's Keepers At Home program - teaching about sewing and home industry.  I had no idea when I committed to it that I would actually be going out of business, but isn't God's timing a little humerus at times!  So I prepared a 15 minute talk about different sewing skills, using them to bless our family and home, giving gifts, and potential for income.  The most important thing I shared in my opinion is that we should not take our husband/fathers income for granted - he works hard to supply our needs, and often never gets a say in how the money is spent...and sometime we spend it on frivolous things or misuse the things we have purchased with his hard earned income.   We can make the most of his income by being frugal, making things from scratch, purchasing materials and supplies for crafts second hand, giving hand made gifts instead of purchasing them, and shopping at second hand stores for our clothes and home things.  The evening was so much fun - I didn't get nervous at all, and had a great time teaching the 6 - 8 year-olds how to crochet...I am hoping a few of these girls come to my Sit and Knit tomorrow!
Yesterday was especially busy - it started out with work, then Jessica, Rebekah, Rachel, Reuben and I headed to court!  Jessica was in a car accident back in September where she had hit a stopped car from behind - she couldn't see it in time due to the intense rain, and she lost traction due to all the water on the road.  The ticket the police sent in the mail was for "following too closely" - which she wasn't doing...so she contested her ticket, and the judge threw it out as she was, by definition, not doing what the police officer charge her with.  That was a great learning experience for all the kids - Rachel was even called as a witness as she had been a passenger in the vehicle!  We also got to watch many other traffic violation rulings...it was awesome!  She was 1 of only 2 that was successful in contesting the traffic violation.  Rebekah used the opportunity to put her artistic skills to practice and made this wonderful sketch...

No comments:

Post a Comment