Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday!

So it's been 10 days on this journey to grow closer to God and turn to Him to fill my spiritual and emotional needs, while eating healthy to nourish my body. To learn more about how God led me to this, please read my first Weight Loss Wednesday entry!

So here are the questions I will answer each week (far more important that actual weight lost!):

Did I overeat this week on any given day?
No, in fact on a few days I think I under-ate, which can be  problem as then I don't sleep well or I am weaker to temptation later in the day, so I'm going to work on that!  I've been eating pretty much the Trim Healthy Mama way, but pretty much all "S" ("Satisfying" or "low carb") meals.  I did choose fruit a few times as a treat, but always had protein with it.

Did I move more and exercise regularly?
Yes, even in spite of being very sick with a bad cold.  I was able to get 3 workouts in since my last post.  I tried the second part of T-Tapp's Total Workout and made it about 20 minutes in, but then I got sick and haven't tried again - hoping to try that again today!

Do I feel lighter than I did at this time last week?
Definitely, especially around my middle.


Did I eat in secret or out of anger/frustration/happiness?
Not once - even at my first grand-baby's baby shower (due in October)!  I prayed ahead of time that I would be strong as I knew I would be distracted while there, and God gave me the grace to make the choice of eating the deviled eggs and fruit and not even desire the cake and punch!

I am so thankful for the grace God gave me this week, as I was very sick over the weekend, and I have always turned to "comfort foods" when I am sick, but I was able to continue eating healthy!  He also gave me grace in that I have not been overly tempted even when my kids were baking up a storm this week - cookies, cakes, bread and fresh freezer jam....even when I was feeding things to the little girls, I didn't even lick my fingers!  I can only say it is God's grace because I still so new at this that I often forgot to ask God for strength in the moment, but He gave it anyway!

Did I feel that, at any time, I ran to food instead of to God?
No, but I definitely could have done better at turning to God when facing temptations.  I have some sticky notes up in my kitchen now to help me remember to do this!

Before I hopped on the scale, did I think I'd had a successful, God pleasing week?
Yes, I felt that I had an amazing week even though I faced lots of temptations and had such a tough time being sick for half of this week.

So how much did I lose this week?  Well, since I started this journey 10 days ago, I have lost 3.7 pounds!  I am happy with that, for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment