Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2 Months Old and a Happy Momma!

My super happy smile!
Carese turned 2 months old last week.  On her second month's birthday she finally reached the birth weight and height  of our largest baby, Jonathan, exactly.  She weighed in at 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21 inches long.  She was 5% for height and weight no the charts, and her growth curve is good.  The pediatrician was very pleased with her growth!  




I'm number one!
Carese is wearing her "going home" outfit at 2 months
 and swimming in it!
Carese is now having smile fests!  We love these.  She's having them about twice a day, and she'll give us smile after smile for several minutes.  They are so cute!  It even looks like she might be the first to have a real, middle of the cheek, dimple!  


She has officially outgrown all but two preemie clothes.  She is wearing newborn size if it doesn't have feet, and 0 - 3 months for sleepers, but she pretty much swims in them.  She is just fitting in our Snap-EZ Multi-Size Baby Pocket Diapers now, yet still fits in the old smalls with plenty of room for growing still.  Because she has taken 2 months to grow into the smallest current Snap-EZ Pocket Diaper, I am going to start producing a Snap-EZ Multi-Size Infant Pocket Diapers that will fit babies from 4 pounds up to around 11 pounds!  I am very excited about this.
brighter eyes!


So, I still haven't gotten to why I'm a happy momma yet (although all of the above does make me happy of  course) - I'm happy because I had my appointment with the orthopedic surgeon today and he says I don't need knee surgery...not yet anyway! 


Don't mess with my binky!
I am allowed to begin to bear weight as I can without pain, slowly working my way back to full weight bearing!  I am to continue to do the physical therapy (he suggested doing the exercises 1 - 2 times a day) and icing my knee 2 - 3 times a day.  If I'm still struggling with pain, I have an appointment in 6 weeks to have an injection of a cortizone type of medication to reduce inflamation.  If I'm feeling no or little pain, I can begin to do regular exercise (like volleyball!) starting in July!  Yeah!

He also said I can begin with a recumbent bike anytime as long I do not experience pain while biking!  PTL!!!!!

I'm so happy I could jump, but I'd probably hurt my knee so I won't!  LOL!



I'll leave you with some photo highlights from Mother's Day, which also made me a happy mother!


Esther playing with her rag dolls and giraffe!

Jason get's to hold Carese for the first time, and she was so good for him!

Jeremy and Esther waiting for the wonderful dinner to begin!

Baby toes sneaking through the knit of her cocoon

No comments:

Post a Comment