Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quickly, so I can go to bed...

Just thought I'd let you know that Esther's first 24 hours without the feeding tube went great.  She even slept for 7 hours straight last night.  And, the greatest thing was that she gained weight!  So we are just finishing day 2 without the feeding tube, and she did better today that yesterday even!

I'm really tired tonight, so I'll have to keep it short - I was up early this morning to feed Esther (4 am) and couldn't get back to sleep, so I did some more investigating on the lead testing and found that our existing products can be sold without the testing that will be required when the Aug 10 deadline hits - I only need certification from the mills/manufacturers of the component parts.  That I am able to do, and already have several certificates already!  Yeah!

For my customers this means that for now our Snap-EZ line (including all those cute prints) will still be available for at least another 6 months or so.  I'm hoping they will come up with some exclusion for garments as fabrics are usually lead free (I've never heard of a fabric having lead, it's usually paints).

We are hoping to bring Esther to church tomorrow (but we aren't going to let anyone hold her yet, as this soon after surgery a cold could land her back in the hospital again), and I'm really lookng forward to going again as I've only been to church twice since the first of September!

1 comment:

  1. And it was SO nice seeing you in church! Esther was so wide awake, but then, like I said, it feels like she should still be a sleepy newborn, but to think she is slmost 4 months! Whew. You'd never guess she had open heartt surgery less than two weeks ago she is so pink and bright. I wish Gracie wouldn't have been so fussy so we could have talked a little more. Oh well, maybe next week...and there is always the *nursing room* that will become my new pew in 8 weeks, we can catch up there, too!

    ReplyDelete